Bolder Academy is required to consult with residents and stakeholders about its plans. Please find below how you can get involved and let the Academy have your views.
SECTION 10 CONSULTATION FOR NEW SCHOOLS
29th September 2017
Dear Ruth Cadbury MP,
As you are aware the plans for Bolder Academy are in full swing. Although we have already consulted widely in our local community and beyond, we now need to do so formally as required by legislation.
Bolder Academy is a new, mixed, non-denominational secondary school, located in Isleworth. It will open in September 2018 to year 7 students.
The school has been established by primary and secondary headteachers in the London Borough of Hounslow because of parental demand for a mixed, non-faith school in eastern part of the Borough.
The Purpose of the Consultation
Any new school which is planning to open is obliged to complete a Section 10 Consultation as outlined by the DfE.
As a local school, we welcome the opportunity to undertake this consultation as we very much value the views and opinions of our community.
The consultation will also offer Bolder Academy a chance to respond to any reasonable local concerns about the opening of the school.
How long will the Consultation run?
The consultation will run from Monday 2nd October 2017 for a period of 8 weeks. The closing date for responses is the 20th November, 9.00am.
How will we consult with you?
To gauge as many views and responses as possible, the consultation material has been publicised in the following ways:
- online platform (www.BolderAcademy.org Twitter: @BolderLondon, Facebook: Bolder Academy)
- emails have been sent to all headteachers (primary and secondary, the LB Hounslow, community groups, councillors and MPs)
- paper copies of vision documents and frequently asked questions
- display material of site and building
- direct contact with the local residents’ association - OWGRA
- a community event held Ivybridge Primary School on Mon 30th October 2017 from 2.30pm – 5pm
- prospective parents and student events during Sep and Oct
In addition, we invite letter/emailed responses and these should be sent to email@example.com
We need to ask specifically whether you agree that the Secretary of State should enter into a funding agreement with Bolder Academy Trust.
What Information is Available?
During the consultation period, the following information is available on the website: www.BolderAcademy.org :
- Vision, values and ethos
- Details of SEN provision
- Information about the school site and building including visuals of the inside and outside of the building
- Transport links
We can also provide hard copies of material by request.
We very much look forward to hearing from you.
Heidi Swidenbank Andrew Dodge
Headteacher – Bolder Academy Chair of Governors – Bolder Academy